Know Before You Go...
Green and Nolin Rivers are Class 1 rivers with no rapids. Water conditions may change quickly. The river will have a faster current when water levels are higher in the spring or after substantial rainfall. Current river levels are on our home page banner or can be accessed at the following link:
Click the weather button for the forecast
- Front rider should serve as lookout for obstacles, especially submerged hazards and sand bars.
- Wear sunscreen and/or insect repellant (we have it if you forget) and a hat to protect from sun. Use a cord for glasses
- Use a dry sac or dry pouch to protect keys, ids, etc. (we rent both) (cameras and other valuables are taken at your own discretion and risk)
- Bring water and a snack or lunch.
- No Glass containers
- Wear comfortable shoes that can get wet, dirty and are not slippery
- The river gets cool at night even on a hot day so you should be prepared when overnighting or going out late in the day.
- PFDs (Personal Floatation Devices) are required to be on board at all times. They are require for passengers 12 and under and are recommended for beginners or anyone with poor or no swimming skills or high water conditions.
- No Fireworks, slingshots, bows or air rifles are permitted on any trip within National Park limits!
- All riders must comply with Mammoth Cave National Park Rules and Regulations
- All riders must sign a waiver prior to beginning their trip. Parents will be required to sign on behalf of children under 18.
Did you Know...
that Haley Mills the 2013 1st place winner of the US Freestyle Women's Kayaking Team is from Elizabethtown KY and that she went on to compete in the 2013 world championships? Start small dream BIG!!!