- Effective immediately no riverbank camping beyond Boardcut Island. (Which is after Turnpike Bend.) For exact location look at Mammoth Cave National. Please click link to see map. https://www.nps.gov/maca/planyourvisit/maps.htm
- Since the removal of lock and dam #6 at Brownsville water levels have been lower than usual. However they have still varied greatly making difficult to predict water levels in advance. Please click the link to check the water levels at https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv/site_no=03309000&PARAmeter_cd=00095,00010,00300,00400
- Due to the lower water levels the exit at Houchin's Ferry can be muddy and slippery so use extra caution when exiting here. Be prepared to spend extra time and effort when exiting at Houchin's in general. There is a faucet next to the port-a-potty to clean up.
- Effective immediately everyone must wear their life vests at all times.
- Nolin River is closed until further notice due to total blockage.
- OVERNIGHTERS! Effective immediately all overnight (backcountry)permits must be obtained at the visitors center prior to arriving at out facility. We are no longer able to issue them.
EFFECTIVE JUNE 8, 2017 ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WILL NO LORGER BE ALLOWED ON THE RIVER.